Siobhan Merryn Alford
I am a self motivated, hardworking and reliable individual with a friendly and outgoing disposition. I have over a year’s worth of Marketing experience and a long standing history of advanced customer service skills. I have a 2:1 BA (Hons) in Media and Communications. I believe my professional and enthusiastic attitude enables me to stand out amongst other applicants and I look forward to working hard alongside a dynamic team.
Marketing Assistant and Supplier Support, Peto Ltd, St Paul’s: March 13 – Feb 14
Online E-commerce Company, the first independent, dynamic and transparent online Marketplace for the UK Public Sector. Through Peto Marketplace buyers were able to source best value from Suppliers and products, and Suppliers were able to take out annual marketing opportunities and subscriptions.
Responsible for assisting with all marketing for the company across a number of platforms and channels:
– Email Marketing
– Planning, Implementing and reporting on campaigns
– Created templates from scratch
– Email copy, responsive design and dynamic content
– Split testing, Data segmentation and Email automation
– Handled and uploaded all data and lists
– Social media planning and strategy
– Day to day running of Social Media accounts
– Using Buffer and Hootsuite
– Sharing relevant content and creating unique content to share
– Content and Copy creation
– Company stats and quotes documents
– salesforce email templates for the team
– Website content, maintenance, branding
– Marketing Literature, flyers and adverts
– Conference collateral
– Internal documents for staff
– Supporting the sales team
– Basic graphic design using adobe
In addition to my broad marketing responsibilities I was required to handle and manipulate large quantities of data using Qlikview and Salesforce. I often had to report on the marketing activities and sales efforts and establish patterns and ROI. Had to ensure data accuracy and be able to quickly and efficiently segment the customer base.
I was also responsible for handling customer inquiries across email, telephone and social media channels. Organising and scheduling additional marketing / advertising opportunities Suppliers took out on our own targeted emails and on our website (www.peto.co.uk)
Reception/Administration/Communications Temp, Love Success Plc: Jan 13 – March 13
– Front Desk Reception Cover
– Switchboard Operation
– Administrative Support role
– Communication & Marketing Assistant (The Dorchester Hotel)
– Telephone manner
– Customer service skills
– FoH presentation
Waitress, The Loose Box (Moonshine Bars Ltd) Westminster: Jan 12 – Jan 13
Sales Executive, Salon Evolution, Shoreditch: Nov 11-Jan 12
Waitress, Roti Chai, Marble Arch: July 11 – Nov 11
Waitress and bar tender, Platinum Recruitment Agency, Bournemouth: Sep 09 – May 11
Sales Assistant, Superdrug, Truro: Nov 07 – May 08
I have worked in many front-of-house positions, interacting simultaneously with customers and large teams of colleagues; this has greatly broadened my interpersonal skills and confidence. The jobs I have undertaken all require teamwork, patience and dedication.
RELEVANT WORK EXPERIENCE
Marketing Assistant, Research Instruments, Falmouth: July 10 – Sep 10
I completed an undergraduate Marketing placement at Research Instruments (RI). The role I undertook comprised of:
- Assisting with the creation of a new marketing system in order to manage the company’s creative process and communicating this to the wider business through email and PowerPoint presentations.
- Attending regular meetings reviewing RI’s Marketing literature, working the new system in order to manage changes to the literature and eventually assisting in the creative changes to brochures and catalogues using adobe software.
- Carrying out competitor and market research, Product portfolio analysis, SEO and key word optimisation.
Bournemouth University: Sep 08 – May 11
BA (Hons) Communication and Media – 2:1
- Units included: Professional writing, Web communications, Marketing, Advertising, Research Methods, PR and Mass Media and Society.
- I am able to write for specific publications and in certain styles, these include the writing of: feature articles, copy writing, news articles, press releases, short stories, and content suitable for the web.
- University has not only taught me to work to strict deadlines and be versatile in my approach to projects and tasks but it has allowed my confidence to grow and has greatly enhanced my communication skills.
Truro college, Cornwall: Sep 06 – May 08
4 A levels in Psychology, Photography, English Lit/Lang and Theatre studies.
High Lanes community school, Cornwall: Sep 01 – July 06
12 GCSE’s grades: A* – B
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS
- Accomplished communication and interpersonal skills
- Professional attitude at all times
- Astute organisational and time keeping skills
- Friendly and outgoing disposition
- Self-motivated and reliable
- IT literate including Basic Adobe suite, Advanced Microsoft suite, QlikView data analysis, Salesforce, Dotmailer Email Marketing software and CMS systems.