Yesterday the much anticipated soundtrack listings for the latest installment of the Twilight saga, Eclipse, were released and boy are they good.
1. Metric — “Eclipse (All Yours)”
2. Muse — “Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)”
3. The Bravery – “Ours”
4. Florence + The Machine – “Heavy In Your Arms”
5. Sia — “My Love”
6. Fanfarlo — “Atlas”
7. The Black Keys – “Chop And Change”
8. The Dead Weather – “Rolling In On A Burning Tire”
9. Beck and Bat For Lashes – “Let’s Get Lost”
10. Vampire Weekend – “Jonathan Low”
11. UNKLE — “With You In My Head (featuring The Black Angels)”
12. Eastern Conference Champions – “A Million Miles An Hour”
13. Band Of Horses – “Life On Earth”
14. Cee-Lo Green – “What Part Of Forever”
15. Howard Shore – “Jacob’s Theme”
The list was released via myspace over the course of the day and has already riled quite a few people. Twilight-haters are believed to be fuming over such good bands being used in a movie franchise as big as this:
“It’s weird how such an obnoxious, mainstream , over-exposed movie franchise goes out of their way to pick really subtle , unknown Hipster bands for their soundtracks.”
quotes one unknown individual on Perez Hilton’s comment thread. Personally I think its great that some really good bands are getting a chance to shine and make some money out of what they love doing. It really grates me how pretentious some people can be especially when anything remotely successful, popular or mainstream is involved. If people like it, then these people immediately don’t. Which when you think about it is petty and childish.
I loved the Twilight books and enjoy watching the films, I’m not gonna be dissuaded any other way just because they are too ‘mainstream’ for some and as for the soundtrack I’m loving the choices and can’t wait to see how the songs are incorporated into the forthcoming film.